I’m sure there is not many of you but I had to tell someone. As of the last few days I’ve really felt the need to get involved in something that is really what I am all about. A new baby if you will, a commercial enterprise but one I own. I’ve been working full-time on Laravel projects and I want to improve my skills to really get better at it. Its a great framework after using raw PHP and template engines like handlebars.
During this time I came to the realisation that I wasn’t totally stoked with the existing flashcard companies out there and I think now more than ever I really have the skills to get something like this off the ground, hopefully this is the first project of many!
Flashcard Club is different,
- I really want a modern material feel to the website. I’m not interested in something worse than what there already is out there, I want to really help people.
- I want to really build a solid brand that people want to use. Flashcard Club should be a place to really get some work done and cram for that final test and study in a safe space.
- I really want to provide a platform for students to get some work done. A lot of the competition has low quality submissions. I really want people to have an effective space to learn.
- I want to publicise what I’m up to, and this blog will help with that. A real leading learner approach. From conception to reality.
- Although this will have options to buy products, long term I only want this project as a sort of demo of my capabilities. I want to move on to better ideas ASAP but you have to start somewhere.
This is my first “premium domain” project so consider that an invested interest in this project.
Have a look and see how I’m getting on. At the time of writing cloud flare gives out error 526 so I hope to be past that by the time this goes up a month from now.
I aim to make both a website and mobile app, however the majority of the features will be made through the app, the functionality and backend will be possible through the online version as well.
I think my target audience is 99% students so a strong app presence is a must I feel. The website will be a strong start but is just one part of the experience.
Watch this space.