It’s been a little while since the 25th of December when I decided to go public with this idea, a great deal of work has gone into flashcard club. Exactly 40 hours has now been dedicated to the project outside my normal 8:30-5.
It’s been quite slow going in some aspects, one particular problem is the markdown library options are numerus and vary in completion and schema that make it hard to choose one that is appropriate for this project. In the end I have settled on marked.
Another area I am struggling to decide on is how best to onboard new users, I want them to have a positive experience however not all know the markdown syntax.
Currently, Flashcard Club has the following features,
- User Accounts,
- It’s currently possible to create a new user account, although there is no ability to ammend or update your user account.
- New users should recieve a welcome email.
- New users should be logged in automatically.
- New users should be able to create flashcards and flashcard sets.
- Almost Unlimited Flashcards,
- It is possible to create and save flashcards.
- You can also update flashcards, delete them and more.
- Flascards use markdown syntax so you can include pictures and a limited amount of html.
- Unit Tests,
- Many components of Flashcard Club have PHPunit Unit tests.
- Code coverage is probably very poor.
- Toast Notifications,
- Toast notifications are intergrated into the website.
- The best place to see these in action is in the set editor if you update the title.
Planned features include,
- A Study mode, because currently it is only possible to edit flashcards but not view them without the editor.
- Google Sign in (Federated identity).
- Statistics, because who doesn’t love a good graph.
- Account management, because currently once you make an account you cant change any of your details, oops.
Currently statistics and study mode do not work.
Thanks for reading,